Director/Sr. Director of Business Development is a strategic, sales, business development and account management role with responsibilities for growing and expanding Techsol Corporation’s Medical Information/Medical Communications and Medical Affairs products, services, system integration consulting, and professional services business. Responsible for managing the senior level client relationships, acquiring new accounts, upselling into existing accounts, customer satisfaction and the overall client relationships.
- Actively prospect and leverage potential new business opportunities so as to build new accounts
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with key decision-makers and develop in-depth and knowledge of the customer organization. Identify and respond to customer needs in order to define potential opportunities.
- Establish and execute a comprehensive sales plan for the region and accounts managed. Ensure appropriate strategy/solution is proposed to customer. Monitor actions and results against plans
- Effective co-ordination and serve as a liaison point between the customer, partner and technical and operational groups at Techsol
- Prepare sales activity report for senior sales management as required. Record all customer sales related activities in CRM system. Reports to VP of Business Development
- 50% travel is estimated
- Multiple positions are available in North America, UK or EU
5 to 10 years or more experience in a client-facing role with strong relationship based selling capabilities in the areas of Medical Information/Medical Communication and Medical Affairs Systems and Services
- Demonstrate the flexibility to work among diverse corporate environments, industries and technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent business/industry/process awareness and a thorough understanding of industry trends and impact on the business in the Medical Information/Medical Communication and Medical Affairs. Knowledge and industry relationships in the Clinical Development, Drug Safety, and risk management is a plus
- Prior experience
- Selling Medical Information/Medical Communications and or Medical Affairs software solutions and services
- Selling Medical Information/Medical Communications and or Medical Affairs contact/ call center or functional or data services in a reputed Medical Affairs services company
Compensation is commensurate with experience
Techsol Corporation specializes in offering cloud-based information technology services and innovative software solutions to global pharmaceutical, life sciences, and healthcare companies. Founded in 2010, Techsol is a market leader in providing highly configurable process-oriented technology solutions for digitally transforming pharmaceutical business operations across medical affairs, clinical development, drug safety, and medical information management. As a trusted technology partner, Techsol has strategic alliances with industry leaders such as Oracle®, Veeva Systems® and others to provide value-based consulting services for solutions implementation, risk-based systems validation, cross-platform integration, business data reporting and advanced data analytics.